Haw River Camp & Clean
Saturday-Sunday, May 14-15
The Haw River Camp & Clean will be held May 14-15, 2022. This is a one-night paddle trip along the Haw River where we will clean up trash along the way. This is an intermediate paddle with a few small beginner rapids. Some areas may require cleaning more trash than others but there will be plenty of time to enjoy the river over the stretches we will cover. You will need to provide your own boat. If you are in need of a boat, please reach out to the Haw River Trail team at 336-229-2380 and we will do the best we can to assist you. This year we will be going from the AO Paddle Access to The Valley (Indian Valley) paddle access. We will camp at Shallow Ford Natural Area backcountry campsites. Clean-up supplies such as gloves, trash bags, etc. will be provided. Haw River Trail will manage trash disposal at designated sites.
For more information, and to register, visit RecDesk
Saturday, May 14
- 12:30pm: Park at Swepsonville River Park Upper Access (2472 Boywood Road, Swepsonville, NC, 27253)
- If you want to arrange a separate drop-off/pick-up instead of leaving your car, please let us know beforehand.
- Ride shuttle to and launch from Glencoe Paddle Access (2348 Glencoe Street, Burlington, NC, 27217)
- 1:00 pm: Put in at AO Paddle Access (2996 North NC Hwy 87, Elon, NC 27244)
- Overnight parking has not been determined. We are working to ensure a secure parking location. Those details will be communicated to participants. Nevertheless, we will shuttle everyone to either the start or at the finish of the trip.
- If you want to arrange separate drop-off/pick-up instead of leaving your car, please let us know beforehand.
- Paddle approx. 3 hours to Shallow Ford (2.7 miles), collecting trash along the way
- Arrive at Shallow Ford, set up camp, make dinner, enjoy the evening by the river with others
Sunday, May 15
- Make breakfast, pack up supplies in boats
- 8:30-9:00am: Relaunch boats and begin paddle
- Paddle approx. 2.5 hours (4.2 miles) to The Valley Access (Indian Valley)
- Arrive at Swepsonville River Park Upper Access around 11:30 am
- Go home and shower!
Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.