Visit The City of Graham Wastewater Treatment Plant facility! This event is FREE and open to the public. All ages are welcomed. No specific safety or shoe requirements, but we recommend comfortable walking shoes. Tours typically last 1-1.5 hours.
The Graham WWTP is a biological treatment facility constructed in 1960. It’s had two major upgrades in 1980 and 2002, when it was expanded to meet a larger capacity. The Graham WWTP treats an average of 1.34 million gallons of wastewater each day!
Pre-registration is required. Contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-904-0300 ext. 8006 to register.
Directions from I-85 / I-40 to exit 148:
1. Turn onto NC 54 East (Carrboro/Chapel Hill).
2. Turn right at first stoplight after passing the Waffle House onto Woody Drive.
3. At the end of Woody Drive, turn left onto Gilbreath St.
4. Continue straight for one mile, thru a 4-way stop with Ivey Rd.
5. The City of Graham WWTP is on the left at the bottom of the hill. (Brick sign at road; if you reach the cemetery, you’ve gone too far!)
Our Administration building is at the top of the hill!